Action for M.E
Support for sufferers of M.E.
- General enquiries: 0117 927 9551 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Al-Anon Family Groups UK & Eire
Al-Anon Family Groups provide support for anyone whose life is, or has been affected by someone else's drinking.
- Confidential Helpline: 020 7403 0888 (10am to 10pm 365 days a year)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for people addicted to alcohol at all stages of recovery and abstinence.
- Helpline: 0845 769 7555
- Email: email@example.com
Provides support for carers and sufferers of all types of dementia.
- Helpline: 0300 222 11 22
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9am - 8pm Mon-Wed; 9am - 5pm Thur & Fri; 10am - 4pm Sat & Sun
Association for Postnatal Illness
Support for mothers suffering with postnatal illness/ depression.
- Helpline: 0207 386 0868 (Mon-Fri 10am -2pm)
- Email: email@example.com
Provides support and advice to people affected by asthma.
- Helpline: 0800 121 62 44
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support and local information after the death of someone close
The link below will take you to a separate document
A guide to the days following bereavement
Bipolar UK (formerly Manic Depression Fellowship)
Works to enable people affected by bipolar disorder / manic depression to take control of their lives.
- Helpline: 020 7931 6480
- Email: email@example.com
Breast Cancer Care
Information and support for people with breast cancer.
- Helpline: 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 10am-2pm)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
British Pregnancy Advisory Service - BPAS
A unit in Hatfield for Hertfordshire patients is open every Thursday 08:30 - 16:30 and offers the following services: Pregnancy options counselling, pre-treatment assessment for abortion, early medical abortion pill, contraception, Chlamydia screening and a 24 hour aftercare helpline. Additional services are provided at other nationwide centres.
- Self-referral telephone line for NHS funded services 03457 30 40 30 (open 7 days a week)
Support, reassurance and practical advice to anyone who has or is about to have a colostomy.
- Helpline: 0800 328 4257 (24hrs a day, 7 days a week)
- Email: email@example.com
Carers in Hertfordshire
Support and adivce for carers (see separate Key Information tab).
- Helpline: 01992 58 69 69
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help and advice about a wide range of issues.
- Helpline: 0800 1111
Citizens Advice Bureau
Free, independent and confidential advice to help people resolve legal, money and other problems.
- East Herts Citizens Advice Services: 03444 111 444
Cruse Bereavement Care
Support after the death of someone close.
- Helpline: 0844 477 9400
- Email: email@example.com
Support and advice for people living with diabetes and for their family and carers.
- Careline: 0345 123 299 (Mon-Fri. 9am-7pm)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help, support and friendship for people who are struggling with a gambling problem. The website offers information, online contact forms, details of local groups and meetings and also hosts a chat room.
Expert advice and practical support for single parents.
- Helpline: 0808 802 0925 (Freephone)
- Email: online contact form available on Gingerbread website
Friendly, confidential drugs advice.
- Telephone: 0300 123 6600
- www.talktofrank.com (live chat 2pm-6pm, online email)
- SMS: 82111
Herts Alcohol Problems Advisory Service (HAPAS)
An independent agency promoting the prevention of alcohol misuse and helping those in Hertfordshire harmed, either directly or indirectly, by alcohol.
- Telephone: 01438 841241
- Email: email@example.com
Herts Mind Network
Promoting the preservation of good mental health, for all age groups. Services include anxiety or anger management, counselling and support for carers.
- Infoline: 02037 273600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Multiple Sclerosis Society
Information and support for people with MS and their carers.
- Helpline: 0808 800 8000
- Email: email@example.com
National mental health charity. The website includes an A-Z of mental health issues and a local services finder.
- Telephone: 020 8519 2122
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Relationship counselling services. Use the Relate website to find local services.
- Telephone: 0300 100 1234
If there's something troubling you, or if you are worried about someone else, then contact the Samaritans.
- Telephone: 116 123 (24hrs a day, 365 days a year)
- Email: email@example.com
- Write: Freepost RSRB-KKBY-CYJK, Chris, PO Box 90 90, Stirling, FK8 2SA
Or visit the local branch: Herts and Essex (Ware) Samaritans, 1 Cross Street, Ware, Herts. SG12 7AH
This branch is wheelchair accessible. Telephone: 01920 464099
The Wellbeing Service is an NHS service provided by Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust offering practical support and talking therapies for anyone experiencing depression or anxiety disorders, including phobias, panic or OCD.
- Telephone: 0300 777 0707
- www.hpft.nhs.uk to access a self-referral form under "What are you looking for?"